Mosquitoes are largely aquatic with most of their development occurring in or near stagnant water. Only female mosquitoes feed “bite” to obtain protein necessary for egg laying. Mosquitoes can live as long as 2-3 months, most species can only fly 200-300 ft. before they need to rest.
You can always call us for a Free property assessment!
Treatments at only $50 a Month April through September or whenever you like.
Below is a few Mosquito control tips:
- Dispose of any tires. Tires breed thousands of mosquitos annually
- Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers
- Clear roof gutters of debris
- Clean pet water dishes regularly
- Check and empty children’s toys outside. (This is a big one I see a lot parents!)
- Change the water in birds bath at least once a week. (I do larvacide if this is not feasible)
- Avoid water collecting on pool covers
- Plug tree holes
- Even the smallest of containers that can collect water can breed hundreds to thousands of Mosquitoes. They don’t need much water to lay their eggs, (bottles, barrels, buckets, overturned garbage can lids, flower pots, cups, soda cans, etc.)
- Aerate artificial ponds